Reasons for Home schoolers to choose SMOA
With a plethora of choices in the online curriculum market, SMOA wants you to make the right choice for your student. While families of home schoolers weigh the pros and cons of each available curriculum, we think we are the best choice. Here is why:
- SMOA's curriculum is presented from a Christian worldview with Christian principles and values woven throughout each course. Our style of teaching provides students with opportunities to apply these principles in real world situations.
- While we offer regular, honors, and credit recovery courses, SMOA also offers AP courses as well as dual-credit courses from a multitude of Christian colleges and universities across the country.
- Unlike most providers who assign a single teacher to a course, SMOA’s unique structure provides several qualified Christian teachers and support staff for each course, most of whom possess graduate degrees, are content experts, and committed to serve each and every student. They are trained in online learning Best Practices and evaluated by standards set by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE.T) to ensure optimum results for each student.
- Unlike most online courses where the content is delivered and it is up to the student to learn independently, SMOA requires weekly communication between student and teacher or support staff. We are committed to seeing your child succeed and grow academically.
- Families do not have to sign contracts, agree to exclusivity clauses, or make any sort of long or short term commitment.
- Some providers market their programs at $100 to $200 in tuition but add on technology support and enrollment fees, along with retail costs for books and materials that double or triple the costs to the student. With SMOA, what you see if what you get. At SMOA, the actual costs of almost every middle and high school course is included in the tuition. If additional books or materials are required for a course, it is clearly communicated before the school and/or student signs up for the course.
- There are no special downloads or expensive technology configurations to access and use the courses. The only technology needed is access to the Internet.
- Students can enroll full-time or part-time at any point in the school year.
- You can transfer credits earned through home school study to our diploma program. Prior to credits being awarded, courses must be submitted for review and approval.
- If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of a course, we guarantee a full refund to all middle school and high school courses within 21 days of the start of the course.