Reasons for Home schoolers to choose SMAO
With a plethora of choices in the online curriculum market, SMAO wants you to make the right choice for your student. While families of home schoolers weigh the pros and cons of each available curriculum, we think we are the best choice. Here is why:
- SMAO's curriculum is presented from a Christian teacher who is trained in the Best Practices for Online Learning. Online teachers are evaluated by standards set by the International Association for K-12 Online Learning to ensure optimum results for each student.
- While we offer regular, honors, and credit recovery courses, SMAO also offers AP courses.
- Unlike most providers who assign a single teacher to a course, SMAO’s unique structure provides several qualified Christian teachers and support staff who are committed to serve each and every student.
- SMAO requires weekly communication between student and teacher or support staff. We are committed to seeing your child succeed and grow academically.
- Families do not have to sign contracts, agree to exclusivity clauses, or make any sort of long or short term commitment.
- Some providers market their programs at $100 to $200 in tuition but add on technology support and enrollment fees, along with retail costs for books and materials that double or triple the costs to the student. With SMAO, what you see if what you get. At SMAO, the actual costs of almost every middle and high school course is included in the tuition. If additional books or materials are required for a course, it is clearly communicated before the school and/or student signs up for the course.
- There are no special downloads or expensive technology configurations to access and use the courses. The only technology needed is access to the Internet.
- Students can enroll full-time or part-time at any point in the school year.
- You can transfer credits earned through home school study to our on-campus accredited program upon passing a qualifying exam. Prior to being awarded, courses must be submitted for review and approval.
- If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of a course, we guarantee a full refund to all middle school and high school courses within 21 days of the start of the course.